Westchester County Executive Robert P. Astorino and the Westchester Youth Bureau are currently accepting nominations for the Westchester Innovative School Educators (WISE) Award. This is an opportunity to recognize K-12 education professionals who have developed innovative solutions to challenges facing our youth through the educational system that serves them.
"Status quo is not an option when it comes to 21st century academics," said Astorino. "Innovative educators who go the extra mile to help their students achieve deserve to be honored."
Nominees must be certified professionals currently working in educational settings or alternative educational pathways. Nominees must have a demonstrated positive impact on student success.
Innovations could include
- Implementing innovative instructional techniques; addressing college and career readiness; developing specialized curricula for STEM, English language learners, Special Education, Career and Technical Education.
- Inspiring youth to greatness in areas such as STEM and academics, community engagement or environmental neighborhood improvement.
- Engaging parents/caregivers in the educational experience of youth to improve student performance.
- Nominees must work in Westchester County.
- To be considered, the professional must be nominated and the nominator must provide three (3) letters of support on behalf of the nominee. It is strongly encouraged the three letters of support derive from multiple perspectives be provided (i.e., students, parents, peers, administrators, or other).
If you have someone you would like to nominate, download, print and complete the form. Nominations are due May 10, 2017 by 5 p.m.